Thursday, September 17, 2026

The Giving Tree - class 5

 



The Giving Tree āĻĻাāύāĻļীāϞ āĻ—াāĻ›

Shel Silverstein 


āĻāχ āĻ—āϞ্āĻĒāϟি āĻļেāϞ āϏিāϞāĻ­াāϰāϏ্āϟাāχāύেāϰ āϞেāĻ–া āĻŦিāĻ–্āϝাāϤ āĻļিāĻļুāϤোāώ āĻ“ āϰূāĻĒāĻ•āϧāϰ্āĻŽী āĻ—āϞ্āĻĒ "The Giving Tree"। āĻāϤে āĻāĻ•āϟি āύিঃāϏ্āĻŦাāϰ্āĻĨ āĻ—াāĻ› āĻāĻŦং āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻŽাāύāĻŦ āĻļিāĻļুāϰ āϜীāĻŦāύāĻ­āϰ āϏāĻŽ্āĻĒāϰ্āĻ•েāϰ āĻ•āϰুāĻŖ āĻ“ āĻŽāϰ্āĻŽāϏ্āĻĒāϰ্āĻļী āĻ•াāĻšিāύী āϤুāϞে āϧāϰা āĻšā§ŸেāĻ›ে, āϝেāĻ–াāύে āĻ—াāĻ›āϟি āϤাāϰ āϜীāĻŦāύেāϰ āϏāĻŦāĻ•িāĻ›ু āĻŦিāϞি⧟ে āĻĻি⧟েāĻ“ āĻļেāώ āĻŦ⧟āϏে āĻāϏে āĻ•েāĻŦāϞ āĻ•্āϞাāύ্āϤ āĻ›েāϞেāϟিāĻ•ে āĻāĻ•āϟু āĻŦāϏাāϰ āϜা⧟āĻ—া āĻĻিāϤে āĻĒেāϰে āϏুāĻ–ী āĻšā§Ÿ।



The Giving Tree āĻĻাāύāĻļীāϞ āĻ—াāĻ›


 -  Shel Silverstein 

Once there was a tree.... 

and she loved a little boy. 

And everyday the boy would come 

and he would gather her leaves 

and make them into crowns 

and play king of the forest. 

He would climb up her trunk 

and swing from her branches 

and eat apples. 

And they would play hide-and-go-seek. 

And when he was tired, 

he would sleep in her shade. 

And the boy loved the tree.... 

very much. 

And the tree was happy. 

But time went by. 

And the boy grew older. 

And the tree was often alone. 

Then one day the boy came to the tree 

and the tree said, "Come, Boy, come and 

climb up my trunk and swing from my 

branches and eat apples and play in my 

shade and be happy." 

"I am too big to climb and play" said 

the boy. 

"I want to buy things and have fun. 

I want some money?" 

"I'm sorry," said the tree, "but I 

have no money. 

I have only leaves and apples. 

Take my apples, Boy, and sell them in 

the city. Then you will have money and 

you will be happy." 

And so the boy climbed up the 

tree and gathered her apples 

and carried them away. 

And the tree was happy. 

But the boy stayed away for a long time.... 

and the tree was sad. 

And then one day the boy came back 

and the tree shook with joy 

and she said, "Come, Boy, climb up my trunk 

and swing from my branches and be happy." 

"I am too busy to climb trees," said the boy. 

"I want a house to keep me warm," he said. 

"I want a wife and I want children, 

and so I need a house. 

Can you give me a house ?" 

" I have no house," said the tree. 

"The forest is my house, 

but you may cut off 

my branches and build a house. Then you will be happy." 

And so the boy cut off her branches 

and carried them away 

to build his house. 

And the tree was happy. 

But the boy stayed away for a long time. 

And when he came back, 

the tree was so happy 

she could hardly speak. 

"Come, Boy," she whispered, 

"come and play." 

"I am too old and sad to play," 

said the boy. 

"I want a boat that will 

take me far away from here. 

Can you give me a boat?" 

"Cut down my trunk 

and make a boat," said the tree. 

"Then you can sail away... 

and be happy." 

And so the boy cut down her trunk 

and made a boat and sailed away. 

And the tree was happy 

... but not really. 

And after a long time 

the boy came back again. 

"I am sorry, Boy," 

said the tree," but I have nothing 

left to give you - 

My apples are gone." 

"My teeth are too weak 

for apples," said the boy. 

"My branches are gone," 

said the tree. " You 

cannot swing on them - " 

"I am too old to swing 

on branches," said the boy. 

"My trunk is gone, " said the tree. 

"You cannot climb - " 

"I am too tired to climb" said the boy. 

"I am sorry," sighed the tree. 

"I wish that I could give you something.... 

but I have nothing left. 

I am just an old stump. 

I am sorry...." 

"I don't need very much now," said the boy. 

"just a quiet place to sit and rest. 

I am very tired." 

"Well," said the tree, straightening 

herself up as much as she could, 

"well, an old stump is good for sitting and resting

Come, Boy, sit down. Sit down and rest." 

And the boy did. 

And the tree was happy.

Once there was a tree and she loved a little boy. Every day the boy would gather leaves and make them into crowns. He would play king of the forest wearing the crown. He would climb up her trunk and swing from her branches. When he was tired, he would sleep in her shade. The boy loved the tree very much. And the tree was happy.

But time went by. The boy grew older. He stopped playing with the tree. And the tree was often alone.

Then one day the boy came to the tree. The tree said, 'Come, Boy, come and climb up my trunk. Swing from my branches and eat apples. Play in my shade and be happy.' 'I am too big to climb and play,' said the boy. 'I want to buy things. I want some money. Can you give me some money?'

'I'm sorry,' said the tree. 'I have no money. I have only leaves and apples. Take my apples, Boy, and sell them in the city'. And so, the boy climbed up the tree and gathered her apples. And the tree was happy.



The Giving Tree — Sentence-wise Meaning

The Giving Tree — Sentence-wise Meaning


1. Once there was a tree and she loved a little boy.

āĻāĻ•āĻŦাāϰ āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻ—াāĻ› āĻ›িāϞ āĻāĻŦং āϏে āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻ›োāϟ āĻ›েāϞেāĻ•ে āĻ­াāϞোāĻŦাāϏāϤ।

2. Every day the boy would gather leaves and make them into crowns.

āĻĒ্āϰāϤিāĻĻিāύ āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻ—াāĻ›েāϰ āĻĒাāϤা āϏংāĻ—্āϰāĻš āĻ•āϰে āϏেāĻ—ুāϞো āĻĻিāϝ়ে āĻŽুāĻ•ুāϟ āĻŦাāύাāϤ।

3. He would play king of the forest wearing the crown.

āϏে āϏেāχ āĻŽুāĻ•ুāϟ āĻĒāϰে āĻŦāύেāϰ āϰাāϜা āĻšāϝ়ে āĻ–েāϞāϤ।

4. He would climb up her trunk and swing from her branches.

āϏে āĻ—াāĻ›āϟিāϰ āĻ•াāĻŖ্āĻĄ āĻŦেāϝ়ে āωāĻ āϤ āĻāĻŦং āϤাāϰ āĻĄাāϞে āĻĻোāϞ āĻ–েāϤ।

5. When he was tired, he would sleep in her shade.

āϝāĻ–āύ āϏে āĻ•্āϞাāύ্āϤ āĻšāϝ়ে āĻĒāĻĄ়āϤ, āϤāĻ–āύ āϏে āĻ—াāĻ›āϟিāϰ āĻ›াāϝ়াāϝ় āϘুāĻŽাāϤ।

6. The boy loved the tree very much.

āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻ—াāĻ›āϟিāĻ•ে āĻ–ুāĻŦ āĻ­াāϞোāĻŦাāϏāϤ।

7. And the tree was happy.

āφāϰ āĻ—াāĻ›āϟিāĻ“ āĻ–ুāĻļি āĻ›িāϞ।

8. But time went by.

āĻ•িāύ্āϤু āϏāĻŽāϝ় āϚāϞে āĻ—েāϞ।

9. The boy grew older.

āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻŦāĻĄ় āĻšāϝ়ে āωāĻ āϞ।

10. He stopped playing with the tree.

āϏে āĻ—াāĻ›āϟিāϰ āϏāĻ™্āĻ—ে āĻ–েāϞা āĻŦāύ্āϧ āĻ•āϰে āĻĻিāϞ।

11. And the tree was often alone.

āφāϰ āĻ—াāĻ›āϟি āĻĒ্āϰাāϝ়āχ āĻāĻ•া āĻĨাāĻ•āϤ।

12. Then one day the boy came to the tree.

āϤাāϰāĻĒāϰ āĻāĻ•āĻĻিāύ āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻ—াāĻ›āϟিāϰ āĻ•াāĻ›ে āĻāϞ।

13. The tree said, “Come, Boy, come and climb up my trunk.”

āĻ—াāĻ›āϟি āĻŦāϞāϞ, “āĻāϏো, āĻ›েāϞে, āĻāϏো āĻāĻŦং āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻ•াāĻŖ্āĻĄ āĻŦেāϝ়ে āĻ“āĻ ো।”

14. “Swing from my branches and eat apples.”

“āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻĄাāϞে āĻĻোāϞ āĻ–াāĻ“ āĻāĻŦং āφāĻĒেāϞ āĻ–াāĻ“।”

15. “Play in my shade and be happy.”

“āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻ›াāϝ়াāϝ় āĻ–েāϞো āĻāĻŦং āϏুāĻ–ী āĻšāĻ“।”

16. “I am too big to climb and play,” said the boy.

āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻŦāϞāϞ, “āφāĻŽি āĻāĻ–āύ āĻāϤ āĻŦāĻĄ় āĻšāϝ়ে āĻ—েāĻ›ি āϝে āĻ—াāĻ›ে āωāĻ ে āĻ–েāϞāϤে āĻĒাāϰি āύা।”

17. “I want to buy things.”

“āφāĻŽি āĻ•িāĻ›ু āϜিāύিāϏ āĻ•িāύāϤে āϚাāχ।”

18. “I want some money.”

“āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻ•িāĻ›ু āϟাāĻ•া āĻĻāϰāĻ•াāϰ।”

19. “Can you give me some money?”

“āϤুāĻŽি āĻ•ি āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āĻ•িāĻ›ু āϟাāĻ•া āĻĻিāϤে āĻĒাāϰāĻŦে?”

20. “I'm sorry,” said the tree.

āĻ—াāĻ›āϟি āĻŦāϞāϞ, “āφāĻŽি āĻĻুঃāĻ–িāϤ।”

21. “I have no money.”

“āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻ•োāύো āϟাāĻ•া āύেāχ।”

22. “I have only leaves and apples.”

“āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻ•াāĻ›ে āĻļুāϧু āĻĒাāϤা āφāϰ āφāĻĒেāϞ āφāĻ›ে।”

23. “Take my apples, Boy, and sell them in the city.”

“āĻ›েāϞে, āφāĻŽাāϰ āφāĻĒেāϞāĻ—ুāϞো āύিāϝ়ে āϝাāĻ“ āĻāĻŦং āϏেāĻ—ুāϞো āĻļāĻšāϰে āĻŦিāĻ•্āϰি āĻ•āϰো।”

24. “Then you will have money and you will be happy.”

“āϤাāĻšāϞে āϤুāĻŽি āϟাāĻ•া āĻĒাāĻŦে āĻāĻŦং āϏুāĻ–ী āĻšāĻŦে।”

25. And so, the boy climbed up the tree and gathered her apples.

āϤাāχ āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻ—াāĻ›ে āωāĻ ে āϤাāϰ āφāĻĒেāϞāĻ—ুāϞো āϏংāĻ—্āϰāĻš āĻ•āϰāϞ।

26. And the tree was happy.

āφāϰ āĻ—াāĻ›āϟি āĻ–ুāĻļি āĻšāϞো।

27. But the boy stayed away for a long time.

āĻ•িāύ্āϤু āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻ…āύেāĻ• āĻĻিāύ āĻĻূāϰে āĻĨাāĻ•āϞ।

28. And the tree was sad.

āφāϰ āĻ—াāĻ›āϟি āĻĻুঃāĻ–ী āĻšāϝ়ে āĻĒāĻĄ়āϞ।

29. Then one day the boy came back.

āϤাāϰāĻĒāϰ āĻāĻ•āĻĻিāύ āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āφāĻŦাāϰ āĻĢিāϰে āĻāϞ।

30. The tree shook with joy.

āφāύāύ্āĻĻে āĻ—াāĻ›āϟি āϝেāύ āĻ•েঁāĻĒে āωāĻ āϞ।

31. She said, “Come, Boy, climb up my trunk.”

āϏে āĻŦāϞāϞ, “āĻāϏো, āĻ›েāϞে, āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻ•াāĻŖ্āĻĄ āĻŦেāϝ়ে āĻ“āĻ ো।”

32. “Swing from my branches and be happy.”

“āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻĄাāϞে āĻĻোāϞ āĻ–াāĻ“ āĻāĻŦং āϏুāĻ–ী āĻšāĻ“।”

33. “I am too busy to climb trees,” said the boy.

āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻŦāϞāϞ, “āφāĻŽি āĻ—াāĻ›ে āĻ“āĻ াāϰ āϜāύ্āϝ āĻ–ুāĻŦ āĻŦ্āϝāϏ্āϤ।”

34. “I want a house to keep me warm.”

“āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻāĻŽāύ āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻŦাāĻĄ়ি āϚাāχ āϝেāĻ–াāύে āφāĻŽি āωāώ্āĻŖ āĻ“ āύিāϰাāĻĒāĻĻে āĻĨাāĻ•āϤে āĻĒাāϰāĻŦ।”

35. “I want a wife and I want children.”

“āφāĻŽি āĻāĻ•āϜāύ āϏ্āϤ্āϰী āĻāĻŦং āϏāύ্āϤাāύ āϚাāχ।”

36. “And so I need a house.”

“āϤাāχ āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻŦাāĻĄ়ি āĻĻāϰāĻ•াāϰ।”

37. “Can you give me a house?”

“āϤুāĻŽি āĻ•ি āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻŦাāĻĄ়ি āĻĻিāϤে āĻĒাāϰāĻŦে?”

38. “I have no house,” said the tree.

āĻ—াāĻ›āϟি āĻŦāϞāϞ, “āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻ•োāύো āĻŦাāĻĄ়ি āύেāχ।”

39. “The forest is my house.”

“āĻāχ āĻŦāύāχ āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻŦাāĻĄ়ি।”

40. “But you may cut off my branches and build a house.”

“āϤāĻŦে āϤুāĻŽি āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻĄাāϞāĻ—ুāϞো āĻ•েāϟে āύিāϝ়ে āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻŦাāĻĄ়ি āĻŦাāύাāϤে āĻĒাāϰো।”

41. “Then you will be happy.”

“āϤাāĻšāϞে āϤুāĻŽি āϏুāĻ–ী āĻšāĻŦে।”

42. And so the boy cut off her branches and carried them away to build his house.

āϤাāχ āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻ—াāĻ›āϟিāϰ āĻĄাāϞāĻ—ুāϞো āĻ•েāϟে āύিāϝ়ে āĻ—েāϞ āĻāĻŦং āϏেāĻ—ুāϞো āĻĻিāϝ়ে āύিāϜেāϰ āĻŦাāĻĄ়ি āĻŦাāύাāϞ।

43. And the tree was happy.

āφāϰ āĻ—াāĻ›āϟি āĻ–ুāĻļি āĻšāϞো।




āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύ āĻ“ āωāϤ্āϤāϰ

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ Make a sentence with "leaves"

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ The boy would gather leaves every day.

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ Make a sentence with "climb"

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ He would climb up her trunk.

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ Make a sentence with "apples"

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ The tree gave her apples to the boy.

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ Make a sentence with "money"

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ The boy said he wanted some money.

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ Make a sentence with "happy"

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ The tree was happy at the end.

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ Meaning of "gather"

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ to collect things together

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ Meaning of "crowns"

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ round head-dresses worn by kings

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ Meaning of "trunk"

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ the thick main stem of a tree

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ Meaning of "branches"

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ the arms of a tree growing from the trunk

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ Meaning of "shade"

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ a cool place away from the sun

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ What did the boy make with the leaves?

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ He made crowns with the leaves.

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ What did the boy do when he was tired?

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ He would sleep in her shade.

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ Why was the tree often alone later?

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ Because the boy grew older and stopped playing with her.

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ What did the boy want when he came back?

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ He wanted money to buy things.

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ What did the tree offer instead of money?

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ She offered her apples so that he could sell them in the city.

āĻĒ্āϰāĻļ্āύঃ Why was the tree happy at the end?

āωāϤ্āϤāϰঃ Because she could help the boy even though she had little to give.



Right form of verbs



• 1. Once there was a tree and she [love]..... a little boy.


Answer: loved

āĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āĻāĻ•āĻĻা āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻ—াāĻ› āĻ›িāϞ āĻāĻŦং āϏে āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻ›োāϟ āĻ›েāϞেāĻ•ে āĻ­াāϞোāĻŦাāϏāϤ। (āĻ…āϤীāϤāĻ•াāϞেāϰ āϘāϟāύা āĻšāĻ“āϝ়াāϝ় past form 'loved' āĻšāϝ়েāĻ›ে)।


• 2. The boy would [gather]..... leaves to make crowns.Answer: gatherāĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻŽুāĻ•ুāϟ āĻŦাāύাāύোāϰ āϜāύ্āϝ āĻĒাāϤা āϏংāĻ—্āϰāĻš āĻ•āϰāϤ। (would-āĻāϰ āĻĒāϰ verb-āĻāϰ base form āĻŦāϏে)।


• 3. He used to [climb]..... up her trunk and swing from branches.


Answer: climb

āĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āϏে āϤাāϰ (āĻ—াāĻ›েāϰ) āĻ•াāĻŖ্āĻĄ āĻŦেāϝ়ে āĻ“āĻĒāϰে āωāĻ āϤ āĻāĻŦং āĻĄাāϞāĻĒাāϞা āĻĨেāĻ•ে āĻĻোāϞ āĻ–েāϤ। (used to-āĻāϰ āĻĒāϰ verb-āĻāϰ base form āĻŦāϏে)।


• 4. When he was tired, he would [sleep]..... in her shade.


Answer: sleepāĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āϏে āϝāĻ–āύ āĻ•্āϞাāύ্āϤ āĻšāϝ়ে āĻĒāĻĄ়āϤ, āϤāĻ–āύ āϏে āϤাāϰ āĻ›াāϝ়াāϝ় āϘুāĻŽাāϤ।


• 5. As time went by, the boy [grow]..... older.

Answer: grew


āĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āϏāĻŽāϝ় āϝাāĻ“āϝ়াāϰ āϏাāĻĨে āϏাāĻĨে āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻŦāĻĄ় āĻšāϤে āϞাāĻ—āϞ। (āĻ…āϤীāϤেāϰ āϧাāϰাāĻŦাāĻšিāĻ•āϤা āĻŦোāĻাāϤে 'grew' āĻšāϝ়েāĻ›ে)।


• 6. He stopped [play]..... with the tree as he grew up.


Answer: playingāĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āϏে āĻŦāĻĄ় āĻšāĻ“āϝ়াāϰ āϏাāĻĨে āϏাāĻĨে āĻ—াāĻ›āϟিāϰ āϏাāĻĨে āĻ–েāϞা āĻ•āϰা āĻŦāύ্āϧ āĻ•āϰে āĻĻিāϞ। (stop-āĻāϰ āĻĒāϰ āϏāϰাāϏāϰি āĻ…āύ্āϝ verb āφāϏāϞে āϤাāϰ āϏাāĻĨে ing āϝুāĻ•্āϤ āĻšāϝ়)।


• 7. The boy wanted money to [buy]..... things.Answer: buyāĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āϜিāύিāϏāĻĒāϤ্āϰ āĻ•েāύাāϰ āϜāύ্āϝ āϟাāĻ•া āϚেāϝ়েāĻ›িāϞ। (to-āĻāϰ āĻĒāϰ verb-āĻāϰ base form āĻŦা infinitive āĻŦāϏে)।


• 9. The boy cut off her branches to (build)........ a house.


Answer: build


āĻŦ্āϝাāĻ–্āϝা āĻ“ āĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻŦা⧜ি āϤৈāϰি āĻ•āϰাāϰ āϜāύ্āϝ āϤাāϰ (āĻ—াāĻ›েāϰ) āĻĄাāϞāĻĒাāϞা āĻ•েāϟে āĻĢেāϞেāĻ›িāϞ। āĻāĻ–াāύে āωāĻĻ্āĻĻেāĻļ্āϝ āĻŦোāĻাāϤে preposition 'to' āĻŦāϏেāĻ›ে, āφāϰ āφāĻŽāϰা āϜাāύি 'to'-āĻāϰ āĻĒāϰ āϏাāϧাāϰāĻŖāϤ verb-āĻāϰ base form (Infinitive) āĻŦāϏে। āϤাāχ 'build' āĻ…āĻĒāϰিāĻŦāϰ্āϤিāϤ āϰ⧟েāĻ›ে।


• 10. The tree (shake)........ with joy when the boy returned.


Answer: shook


āĻŦ্āϝাāĻ–্āϝা āĻ“ āĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āϝāĻ–āύ āĻĢিāϰে āĻāϏেāĻ›িāϞ, āϤāĻ–āύ āĻ—াāĻ›āϟি āφāύāύ্āĻĻে āĻ•েঁāĻĒে āωāĻ েāĻ›িāϞ। āĻŦাāĻ•্āϝāϟিāϰ āĻĒāϰেāϰ āĻ…ংāĻļে 'returned' (Past tense) āĻĨাāĻ•া⧟ āĻĒ্āϰāĻĨāĻŽ āĻ…ংāĻļāϟিāĻ“ past tense āĻšāĻŦে। āϤাāχ 'shake'-āĻāϰ past form 'shook' āĻšā§ŸেāĻ›ে।


• 11. The boy made a boat to (sail)........ away.


Answer: sail


āĻŦ্āϝাāĻ–্āϝা āĻ“ āĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āĻ›েāϞেāϟি āĻĻূāϰে āĻ­েāϏে āϝাāĻ“ā§Ÿাāϰ āϜāύ্āϝ āĻāĻ•āϟি āύৌāĻ•া āϤৈāϰি āĻ•āϰেāĻ›িāϞ। āφāĻ—েāϰ ⧝ āύāĻŽ্āĻŦāϰ āύি⧟āĻŽেāϰ āĻŽāϤোāχ, āĻāĻ–াāύেāĻ“ 'to'-āĻāϰ āĻĒāϰ verb-āĻāϰ base form āĻšিāϏেāĻŦে 'sail' āĻŦāϏেāĻ›ে।


• 12. After (cut)........down the trunk, only a stump was left.


Answer: cutting


āĻŦ্āϝাāĻ–্āϝা āĻ“ āĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āĻ•াāĻŖ্āĻĄāϟি āĻ•াāϟাāϰ āĻĒāϰ, āĻ•েāĻŦāϞ āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻ—োঁ⧜া (stump) āĻ…āĻŦāĻļিāώ্āϟ āĻ›িāϞ। āχংāϰেāϜিāϤে preposition (āϝেāĻŽāύ: after, before, by, without āχāϤ্āϝাāĻĻি)-āĻāϰ āĻĒāϰ āϏāϰাāϏāϰি āĻ•োāύো verb āφāϏāϞে āϤাāϰ āϏাāĻĨে 'ing' āϝুāĻ•্āϤ āĻšā§Ÿ। āϤাāχ āĻāĻ–াāύে 'cut' āĻšā§Ÿে āĻ—েāĻ›ে 'cutting'।


• 13. The tree was happy, but not (real)........


Answer: really


āĻŦ্āϝাāĻ–্āϝা āĻ“ āĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āĻ—াāĻ›āϟি āĻ–ুāĻļি āĻ›িāϞ, āĻ•িāύ্āϤু āφāϏāϞে (āĻĒ্āϰāĻ•ৃāϤāĻĒāĻ•্āώে) āύ⧟। āĻāĻ–াāύে 'happy' (adjective)-āĻ•ে āĻŽāĻĄিāĻĢাāχ āĻ•āϰাāϰ āϜāύ্āϝ 'real' (adjective) āĻļāĻŦ্āĻĻāϟিāĻ•ে adverb-āĻ āϰূāĻĒাāύ্āϤāϰ āĻ•āϰāϤে āĻšāĻŦে। āϤাāχ āĻāϰ āϏাāĻĨে 'ly' āϝুāĻ•্āϤ āĻšā§Ÿে 'really' āĻšā§ŸেāĻ›ে।


• 14. An old man needs a quiet place to (sit) .........and rest.

Answer: sit


āĻŦ্āϝাāĻ–্āϝা āĻ“ āĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āĻāĻ•āϜāύ āĻŦৃāĻĻ্āϧ āĻŽাāύুāώেāϰ āĻŦāϏাāϰ āĻāĻŦং āĻŦিāĻļ্āϰাāĻŽ āύেāĻ“ā§Ÿাāϰ āϜāύ্āϝ āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻļাāύ্āϤ āϜা⧟āĻ—াāϰ āĻĒ্āϰ⧟োāϜāύ। āĻāĻ–াāύেāĻ“ 'to'-āĻāϰ āĻĒāϰ infinitive āĻšিāϏেāĻŦে verb-āĻāϰ base form 'sit' āĻŦāϏেāĻ›ে।


• 15. The story was (adapt) ........from Shel Silverstein.


Answer: adapted


āĻŦ্āϝাāĻ–্āϝা āĻ“ āĻ…āϰ্āĻĨ: āĻ—āϞ্āĻĒāϟি āĻļেāϞ āϏিāϞāĻ­াāϰāϏ্āϟাāχāύ (Shel Silverstein)-āĻāϰ āϞেāĻ–া āĻĨেāĻ•ে āύেāĻ“ā§Ÿা āĻŦা āϏংāĻ•āϞিāϤ āĻšā§ŸেāĻ›ে। āĻŦাāĻ•্āϝāϟি Passive Voice-āĻ āφāĻ›ে (The story was adapted by someone)। Passive voice-āĻ auxiliary verb (was)-āĻāϰ āĻĒāϰ āĻŽূāϞ verb-āĻāϰ past participle form āĻŦāϏে, āϤাāχ āĻāĻ–াāύে 'adapted' āĻšā§ŸেāĻ›ে।


Happy learning with Noor E Alam 

University of Dhaka

No comments:

The Giving Tree - class 5

  The Giving Tree āĻĻাāύāĻļীāϞ āĻ—াāĻ› Shel Silverstein  āĻāχ āĻ—āϞ্āĻĒāϟি āĻļেāϞ āϏিāϞāĻ­াāϰāϏ্āϟাāχāύেāϰ āϞেāĻ–া āĻŦিāĻ–্āϝাāϤ āĻļিāĻļুāϤোāώ āĻ“ āϰূāĻĒāĻ•āϧāϰ্āĻŽী āĻ—āϞ্āĻĒ "The Giving Tree...